伊莉討論區

標題: like hell 人間煉獄? [打印本頁]

作者: leomc    時間: 2015-4-4 12:01 AM     標題: like hell 人間煉獄?

本帖最後由 leomc 於 2015-4-4 01:32 AM 編輯

Toni came to sleep over(打尖) in my flat. she crashed between couches(到處借宿) for quite some time, given her house had been refurbished out of leakage. after one night and one day, she melodramatically(誇張地) discovered that i live with frugality(儉樸) like hell(拼了命般).

take this for example - before i took my shower, i placed my clean white T-shirt on the table when she's making tea in the kitchen. after my shower, it's missing! shortly i was so embarrassed to learn that she was mopping the kitchen countertop by my underwear! feeling terribly sorry, she was blushed and explained that it was so grey and old as to be deemed as rag(
抹布).

she was also startled to find that i could get accustomed to having oatmeal with boiled water, rather than milk, for my lunch, plus a few shreds of boiled chicken breast. more boggling her, i had it almost every lunch. -- hey, it's not only good for controlling cholesterol(
膽固醇), but also for the effects of weight training.

the list went on: my car is 15 years old. laundry machine has been pulling its weight(
盡本分) for 20 odd years. i paid NT$ 250 for my coffee maker... she couldn't help but ask: where is every penny of ur decent pay going?

i smiled and didn't answer further. -- every dollar spent today will be likely worth 3 dollars or even more in 5 or 10 years, if i put it aside(存起來) for my investment portfolio prudentially... not to mention i'm happy go lucky(
隨遇而安) with a simple life...

歡迎光臨 伊莉討論區 (http://a401.file-static.com/) Powered by Discuz!